Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

How To Solve A Rubik's Cube

My sister Lisa, in commenting on the How To Raise A Baby Tiger post, recommended six additional post topics.  The first is, How To Solve a Rubik's Cube.  So, here is, definitively, how to solve a Rubik's Cube:





Many people don't realize this, but the key to solving a Rubik's Cube is in your attitude, and your state of mind.  First and foremost you have to believe that you can solve the Rubik's Cube, otherwise your will undoubtedly fail.  The next key is knowing the magic words.  The magic words are the lyrics to this 60's hit:

He hit me
And it felt like a kiss.
He hit me
But it didn't hurt me.

He couldn't stand to hear me say
That I'd been with someone new,
And when I told him I had been untrue

He hit me
And it felt like a kiss.
He hit me
And I knew he loved me.

If he didn't care for me
I could have never made him mad
But he hit me,
And I was glad.

(instrumental break)

Yes, he hit me
And it felt like a kiss.
He hit me
And I knew I loved him.
And then he took me in his arms
With all the tenderness there is,
And when he kissed me,
He made me his.


This is a really fucked up song about a woman who is really into domestic abuse, but even weirder is it is the key to solving the Rubik's Cube.

 You see, the Rubik's Cube is like an abusive partner.  



It lures you in with its flashy colors, and it promises you that if you just work hard enough you will feel good.  And even once you have twisted this way and that just to satisfy it's perception of perfection, with one or two false moves you can find yourself at square one.

By repeating the lyrics of this creepy song, you are able to overcome the domestic abuse of the Rubik's Cube.  The lyrics of this song, when repeated as a mantra, lead to the clarity needed to complete this awful puzzle.  By repeating the words, you are informing the Rubik's Cube that you see through its flashy exterior, into the soft, damaged, needy puzzle inside.  Then you realize you've had the power to solve the Rubik's Cube all along.  You have the power.  YOU have the power.  Because you know what?  You can rip that cube apart.  You can put it back any way you want.  That cube needs you more than you need it.  And that's the key to solving a Rubik's Cube.  Rip the little cubes apart, and put them back in the order you want them in.  Don't waste your life playing ITS game.  You are in control.  You've always been in control. 

Also, you can go here:
http://peter.stillhq.com/jasmine/rubikscubesolution.html

2 comments:

  1. Better than I had even imagined... thank you!!! Also, do you think all of focus and attention on the issue of domestic violence in the 80's led to the ultimate downfall of the Rubik's Cube's popularity?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Undoubtably. Although not too much data has been collected on this issue, there are some early studies that point pretty clearly towards this conclusion.

    ReplyDelete